And you probably have Gum Disease
Did you know? Periodontal (gum) disease is the most chronic inflammatory disease in the United States.
Of the total population, statistics have revealed that more than 74% has some form of gum disease. Of those who do, nearly 80% have the more severe (and dangerous) form of gum disease. Finally, for people ages 55 and older, 90%! Of people have some form of gum disease.
Why is this so important? Because gum disease is medically proven to have a direct connection with your overall bodily health!
Progressive Periodontal Therapy – state of the art care for Periodontal Disease
We use a safe, painless salivary test to determine the level of periodontal bacteria present – this takes just a few minutes in your dentist’s office. This test includes specific bacterial testing to determine the exact type of bacteria as it relates to your body, thus identifying the most effective customized treatment protocol. Based upon results of these tests, your dentist will provide a custom treatment plan designed to provide the most effective treatment for your specific needs.
Call today, or use the form below and set an appointment for a full teeth and gum evaluation. If you don’t have insurance be sure to make use of our Exam Special Offer!
- Do your gums bleed when you brush your teeth?
- Are your gums swollen or sensitive?
- Have your gums receded, or do your teeth seem “longer” than before?
- Do you have sensitive or loose teeth?
- Has the position of your teeth changed?
- Do you have problems with bad breath?
Our dentist can determine if gum disease is present and if so, recommend a customized treatment regimen designed specifically for the patient’s individual results profile- no “one size fits all” solution that may include unnecessary protocols or expense. Call us today and schedule an appointment, we’ll be happy to assess your gums and recommend treatment (if needed).
Gum Disease – The “Silent Epidemic” – has medically proven association with:
- Heart Disease (168% HIGHER risk, with untreated moderate to severe gum disease)
- Stroke – 2.5x the normal risk of stroke with untreated moderate to severe gum disease
- Inflammatory Disease – Diabetes, Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Loss of bone in the jaw/weakened chewing function
- Tooth loss
- Impaired Aesthetics (unpleasant smile)
Great Hill Dental will be happy to check your level of risk.
Our NON-SURGICAL PPT Protocols work at all levels of infection – mild to severe:
- Saliva sample and analysis
- We use a safe, painless salivary test to determine the level of periodontal bacteria present – this takes just a few minutes in your dentist’s office. This test includes specific bacterial testing to determine the exact type of bacteria as it relates to your body, thus identifying the most effective customized treatment protocol.
- Based upon results of these tests, your dentist will provide a treatment plan that, depending upon the severity of the gum disease, may include:
- Deep cleaning, irrigation and disinfection
- Periodontal medication
- Antibiotics specific to the patients type of bacteria
- Anesthesia (if needed)
- Topical Fluoride
- Home Care kit including Waterpik and therapeutic irrigation to help with patient compliance and to get the best possible results!